The next start date is:
August 26, 2019
There are 2 opportunities to begin the program each year. For our annual academic calendar and application deadline information, please contact an Admissions Counselor at email@example.com.
Ideal candidates for the online graduate programs in engineering offered by the University of Arizona will meet the following admissions standards:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in previous academic coursework
- Graduated from an accredited engineering bachelor’s program or have earned a degree in a related discipline (math, physics)
- Some courses may also require that students have completed specific prerequisites
- Specific or additional prerequisites will be required for Mining and Geological Engineering candidates dependent upon their backgrounds in STEM or other disciplines, such as those with an undergraduate degree in geology. Please contact an Admissions Counselor for details.
- Additionally, courses are available for students who need to strengthen their math skills.
GPA Exceptions – Non-degree Status
If you do not meet the minimum 3.0 GPA requirement with your undergraduate coursework, you may be admitted to the Graduate College as a Non-degree-seeking student. Each department has a different policy related to admitting non-degree seeking students into a degree program and will work with you directly to determine your non-degree requirements. Typically, after completing at least 6 semester units of non-degree graded (A, B, C) 500-level or higher coursework with a minimum grade-point of 3.0, you will be eligible to apply to a degree program. Upon completing the pre-determined number of non-degree graded coursework, the graduate GPA will be the primary GPA the Graduate College will use to finalize your admissions decision.
To apply for any of the University of Arizona’s online programs in engineering, please follow the process below:
1. Complete the online application.
Complete the Graduate Admissions Application. The process will also require the payment of a $95.00 application fee for international applications, $85.00 for domestic applications, and $45.00 for domestic, non-degree seeking applicants. Please follow the instructions given for your program of choice.
2. Submit required materials.
All required documents are to be uploaded to the UA Graduate College Online application. Applicants must submit:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Note: Mining and Geological Engineering students are not required to submit letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- An updated resume or CV
- A brief statement of intent
- Note: Mining and Geological Engineering students are not required to submit a statement of intent
- International students must also meet the English proficiency requirements. Click here for more information.
Please note that GRE scores are not required. The applicant process is completely online. Please do not mail in any paper documents to the department that offers your desired program.
Once you have completed all the “required” fields in the application, you must provide the fee payment, review, and submit the application. After your application is successfully submitted, the department will be able to review your materials. The Graduate College will then await an official recommendation from your program regarding your admission.
3. Upon acceptance: submit official transcripts.
Once accepted into the program, you will be required to submit official transcripts including degrees and/or certificates. Electronic versions of transcripts will be accepted if received directly from your institution or transcript clearing house service (send to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mailing of official transcripts and/or official degree certificates can be sent to one of the following addresses:
The University of Arizona
PO Box 210066
Tucson, AZ 85721-0066
If sent via express mail (for FedEx, DHL, etc):
The University of Arizona
1401 E University Blvd, #322
Tucson, AZ 85721
To learn more and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call (888) 658-2042 to speak to one of our Admissions Counselors about the University of Arizona’s online engineering programs.
The University of Arizona respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of the University of Arizona, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.