The next start date is:
January 10, 2018
There are 2 opportunities to begin the program each year. For our annual academic calendar and application deadline information, please contact an Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ideal candidates for the online graduate programs in engineering offered by the University of Arizona will meet the following admissions standards:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in previous academic coursework
- Graduated from an accredited engineering bachelor’s program or have earned a degree in a related discipline (math, physics)
- Some courses may also require that students have completed specific prerequisites
GPA Exceptions – Non-degree Status
If you do not meet the minimum 3.0 GPA requirement with your undergraduate coursework, you may be admitted to the Graduate College as a Non-degree-seeking student. After completing 12 semester units of non-degree graded (A,B,C) 500-level or higher coursework with a minimum grade-point average of 3.0, you will be eligible to apply to a degree program. Upon receiving 12 or more graduate units, the graduate GPA will be the primary GPA the Graduate College will use to finalize your admissions decision.
To apply for any of the University of Arizona’s online programs in engineering, please follow the process below:
1. Complete the online application.
Click here to access the Graduate Admissions Application. The process will also require the payment of a $95.00 application fee for international applications, $85.00 for domestic applications, and $45.00 for domestic, non-degree seeking applicants. Please follow the instructions given for your program of choice.
2. Submit required materials.
All required documents are to be uploaded to the UA Graduate College Online application. Applicants must submit:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Note: Electrical and Computer Engineering and Mining and Geological Engineering students are not required to submit letters of recommendation
- An updated resume or CV
- A brief statement of intent
- Note: Electrical and Computer Engineering and Mining and Geological Engineering students are not required to submit a statement of intent
- International students must also meet the English proficiency requirements. Click here for more information.
Please note that GRE scores are not required. The applicant process is completely online. Please do not mail in any paper documents to the department that offers your desired program.
Once you have completed all the “required” fields in the application, you must provide the fee payment, review, and submit the application. After your application is successfully submitted, the department will be able to review your materials. The Graduate College will then await an official recommendation from your program regarding your admission.
3. Submit official transcripts.
You will be required to submit official transcripts and/or degree certificates. Electronic versions of transcripts will be accepted if received directly from your institution or transcript clearing house service (send to email@example.com).
Mailing of official transcripts and/or official degree certificates can be sent to one of the following addresses:
The University of Arizona
PO Box 210066
Tucson, AZ 85721-0066
If sent via express mail (for FedEx, DHL, etc):
The University of Arizona
1401 E University Blvd, #322
Tucson, AZ 85721
To learn more and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call (888) 658-2042 to speak to one of our Admissions Counselors about the University of Arizona’s online engineering programs.
The University of Arizona respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of the University of Arizona, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.